Wednesday 18 July 2012

The Rum Diary (2011)

What the balls were you thinking Johnny Depp, you loved Hunter S. Thompson and you raped one of his earliest works in the ass, you absolute sell-out. I cannot actually believe how much this film deviates from the book, the director cut out Yeamon for god's sake and he is so crucial to the narrative, being Kemp's best friend and everything. Sanderson was a minor character but because of his charisma and wealth he was given a much more significant part as well as YEOMAN's girl, Chenault. Capitalism all over. Also, there were several important things that were cut out that I won't even go into because I'm too upset with the film and Depp. Johnny Depp has sunk to an abyssal level in my estimations, even though it built more and more through his affiliation with my favourite director, Terry Gilliam.

(Sorry for the lack of mediocrity, I'm just mad)

No comments:

Post a Comment